We set high standards for our performance because we’re committed to delivering the best service for our communities.
In 2019, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service was graded as Good by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate for Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS).
The Good grading was achieved for all three areas of inspection:
- Effectiveness – our emergency response and services we provide to the public
- Efficiency – how we manage our finances and how efficient we are
- People – our culture, training and how we treat our people
HMICFRS stated in its summary:
“Overall, we commend Tyne and Wear FRS for its performance. This provides a good foundation for improvement in the year ahead.”
For details of the independent inspection and its findings, read the full inspection report on the HMICFRS website.
Statement of Assurance and Annual Report
Our Statement of Assurance and Annual Report shows how we performed last year, how much money we spent and how we spent it:
Previous Statements of Assurance and Annual Reports
Find out more about our financial governance.
Quarterly performance reports
We produce performance reports every quarter to show our progress against previous incident data and targets:
- 2018-19 Q4 Performance Report (PDF 1.9MB)
- 2018-19 Q3 Performance Report (PDF 2MB)
- 2018-19 Q2 Performance Report (PDF: 1.33MB)
- 2018-19 Q1 Performance Report (PDF: 2MB)
- 2017-18 Q4 Performance Report (PDF: 2MB)
- 2017-18 Q3 Performance Report (PDF: 2MB)
- 2017-18 Q2 Performance Report (PDF: 1MB)
- 2017-18 Q1 Performance Report (PDF: 1MB)
District performance reports
- Newcastle District Performance Report 2017/18 (PDF: 588MB)
- Gateshead District Performance Report 2017/18 (PDF: 586KB)
- North Tyneside District Performance Report 2017/18 (PDF: 644KB)
- South Tyneside District Performance Report 2017/18 (PDF: 611KB)
- Sunderland District Performance Report 2017/18 (PDF: 623KB)
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Annual equality data
The Annual Equality Data Report includes information on our employees and the communities in our area.
It helps us to identify equality priorities and prevent discrimination.
- Annual Equality Data Report 2019 (PDF: 790KB)
- Annual Equality Data Report 2018 (PDF: 563KB)
- Annual Equality Data Report 2017 (PDF: 748KB)
- Annual Equality Data Report 2016 (PDF: 592KB)
- Annual Equality Data Report 2015 (PDF: 601KB)
Gender pay gap
The Gender Pay Gap Report shows the differences between average pay for men and women.
Fire safety activities are targeted at premises that we believe present the greatest risk to the community. It’s important to us that the way we enforce the law supports our community, businesses and the Government’s expectations.
Contact us to request earlier performance reports.