Our purpose built training centre is located with our service headquarters at Barmston Mere, Washington. In partnership with Impeller, we host a range of training courses at the site.
The training centre also offers conference and multi-media facilities that are available for hire. Contact us for prices and availability.
- 6 lecture rooms (2 of which can be converted into a large conference room with over 80 seats)
- IT training room
- multi-media studio and edit suite
- large reception/buffet lounge
- restaurant with seating for over 85 people
- male and female changing facilities
- utilities including laundry, kit room, muster bay, drying room and cloakroom
- 2 lifts for disabled access
The fire ground includes:
- a 20 seat aircraft fuselage with Liquid Propane Gas (LPG) fuelled fire simulator
- an LPG storage tank simulator
- a 23 metre steel pylon for high level rope rescue and scenario training
- compartment fire simulators that provide real fire conditions using carbonaceous materials
- a full size railway carriage and tunnel
- a 2 storey training house with attic and integral stone staircases
- a 6 storey tower with rope rescue training facilities
- a fire bund for collection and disposal of flammable or hazardous substances
Breathing apparatus training centre
- 2 large lecture rooms
- 2 ‘hot’ debriefing rooms
- a servicing area and workshop for up to 30 breathing apparatus sets
- utilities including laundry room, kit room, muster bay and drying room
- a reception/rest room
- male and female locker rooms
‘Hot fire’ structure 1
This 2 storey building has hot fire capability on the ground floor, with the second and third floors using heat and cosmetic smoke systems.
Various conditions can be simulated in the building, including domestic fires and confined space scenarios.
‘Hot fire’ structure 2
This 3 storey building is mainly used to simulate:
- a ship with double bottoms, prop shaft, engine room etc.
- a passenger or car ferry
- a high rise building with lift shaft
- domestic accommodation or offices
There is also a:
- 6 bay garage that includes a briefing room
- wash down and fuel delivery bay with integral interceptor
Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) training rigs
- multi-function and multi-storey rigs
- a floodable basement
- a lecture room
Incident command suite
The suite is built to incorporate Hydra and Minerva simulation systems, so delegates can practise critical decision making in a safe and immersive environment.