Are you aged 11 to 17?
By joining the fire cadets, you can:
- find out how the fire service contributes to society and promotes fire safety
- develop your personal safety and fire safety knowledge
- improve your communication and leadership skills
- develop your self-esteem and self-confidence
- improve your self-discipline, social consciousness, and sense of community belonging
- develop mentally, physically and morally
The fire cadets are a uniformed youth organisation designed to provide young people with free training and personal development opportunities in a safe and friendly environment.
If you live in Tyne and Wear, you can attend weekly meetings where you’ll enjoy activities like:
- firefighting drills
- team building exercises
- learning about the fire and rescue service
You’ll also be able to:
- represent the Fire and Rescue Service at ceremonial occasions and sports events
- visit partner organisations
- display your skills at open days, summer fairs and other events
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service has 4 fire cadet units, which run at various locations from 6pm to 8pm:
We are no longer accepting applications for the Fire Cadet Program at this time. We have received a record number of applications this year, and we are currently working through a long waiting list.
All applicants who have already submitted an application will be placed on the waiting list and will be contacted when space becomes available. We appreciate your interest in the Fire Cadet Program and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.