Are you aged 13 to 17?
By joining the fire cadets, you can:
- find out how the fire service contributes to society and promotes fire safety
- develop your personal safety and fire safety knowledge
- improve your communication and leadership skills
- develop your self-esteem and self-confidence
- improve your self-discipline, social consciousness, and sense of community belonging
- develop mentally, physically and morally
The fire cadets are a uniformed youth organisation designed to provide young people with free training and personal development opportunities in a safe and friendly environment.
If you live in Tyne and Wear, you can attend weekly meetings where you’ll enjoy activities like:
- firefighting drills
- team building exercises
- learning about the fire and rescue service
You’ll also be able to:
- represent the Fire and Rescue Service at ceremonial occasions and sports events
- visit partner organisations
- display your skills at open days, summer fairs and other events
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service has 7 fire cadet units, which run at various locations from 6pm to 8pm:
If you’re interested in joining, download the fire cadets application form (PDF: 790KB) or call us on 0191 444 1500 for more information.