Are you aged 13 to 17?
By joining the Fire Cadets, you can:
- find out how the fire service contributes to society and promotes fire safety
- develop your personal safety and fire safety knowledge
- improve your communication and leadership skills
- develop your self-esteem and self-confidence
- improve your self-discipline, social consciousness, and sense of community belonging
- develop mentally, physically and morally
The Fire Cadets are a uniformed youth organisation designed to provide the young people of Tyne and Wear with training and personal development opportunities.
Fire Cadets attend weekly meetings where they enjoy activities like:
- Hose running
- Team building games
- Learning about the fire and rescue service
You’ll also be able to:
- Represent the Fire and Rescue Service at ceremonial occasions
- Display your skills at open days, summer fairs and other events
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service has 7 Fire Cadet units, which run at various locations from 6pm. There are two staff members and usually a volunteer at each unit.
If you’re interested in becoming a Fire Cadet, download the application form or call us on 0191 444 1500 for more information.