Working for Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service isn’t just a job – it’s a career!
We aim to recruit an inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity.
Our current vacancies include:
|Community Safety Administrator – Part Time||Washington||£18,870 – £20,541 (pro rata)|
|Community Volunteer||Flexible||Expenses only|
All vacancies are advertised on the North East Jobs website, where you can sign up for job alerts. We also post vacancies on our social media.
How we will use your data
After each campaign, your data will be securely disposed of in line with our document retention policy.
You will need to re-register for any other campaign that you choose to apply for.
Our award-winning organisation is a great place to work, offering employees:
- a generous pension scheme
- annual leave that increases with length of service
- comprehensive work-life balance polices, including flexible working, maternity and paternity leave
- uniform for all staff
- free and secure onsite parking
- free gym access
- access to a range of education and development opportunities
- free eyesight tests
- discounts on high street and online products and services
- active diversity and inclusion networks
- sport and social club
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service is accredited as an equal opportunities employer with a range of staff diversity networks.
We no longer have a separate equality and diversity strategy. Instead, our commitment to equal opportunities is embedded in all of our strategic plans.
Our equality data and gender pay gap information have been published along with other performance reports. We have also published our employee policies and equality impact assessment documents under our publication scheme.