We recommend that automatic sprinkler systems are fitted where appropriate, in both business premises and in our homes.
Information gathered from every Fire Service in the UK shows that sprinkler systems:
- contain or put out the fire in 99% of cases
- reduce damage to residential properties by 75%
- reduce damage to non-residential properties by around 50%
- are very reliable – the probability that a system will operate as it should is 94% across all buildings
You can also find more information from:
- National Fire Chiefs Council
- Residential Sprinkler Association
- National Fire Sprinkler Network
- British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association
If you have any questions about sprinklers and other water suppression systems, email email@example.com.