Challenging Perceptions – BAME Conference
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service Black, Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) Staff Network group would like to invite you to our first BAME themed regional emergency services conference to be held on the 26 February 2020 at our Service HQ here in Washington.
The conference is entitled ‘Challenging Perceptions’ and the event hopes to do exactly that, looking at three key areas –
- Challenging Perceptions around recruitment in the emergency services – how can we recruit a more diverse workforce? What can we do to attract a wider range of potential recruits in both Corporate and Operational roles?
- Challenging Perceptions around how we support and develop our BAME staff – and help all staff from protected characteristics to reach their fullest potential.
- Challenging Perceptions around the lived experiences of our communities, how we relate to our community and how we better support people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
This conference is a collaborative event, with contributions from our partners in emergency services, as well as other key contributors from the academic, community and charity sector.
- The event is aimed primarily at those working in the emergency services and public sector.
- It offers an opportunity for personnel to share ideas and network throughout the day.
- The event should also be considered as a development tool for HR and recruitment professionals, staff from diverse backgrounds and those who work with diverse groups.
This conference has been put together with the kind support of both Gentoo and Sunderland BME network, who have given us the funds to run this event for FREE for our delegates. Buffet lunch is provided.